Walmart Breaks Own Record for Cyber Monday 2014
Walmart.com announced yesterday that last Cyber Monday (December 1, 2014) was one of their biggest day for online orders placed. Ever since Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals began appearing on Walmart.com’s online store, their web users have browsed through more than 1.5 billion web pages.
“We worked hard to bring amazing deals to our customers on Cyber Monday and they responded by driving our Cyber Monday volume to a new all-time high. Customers should keep checking Walmart.com for incredible new deals on tablets, HDTVs, toys and more every day for the rest of Cyber Week, which runs through Friday, Dec. 5.” – Fernando Madeira, president and CEO, Walmart.com.
The top items sold on Cyber Monday on Walmart.com includes:
- Apple iPad mini 16GB
- PS4 500GB Console Bundle with Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham and LittleBigPlanet 3
- Nintendo 3DS XL New Super Mario Bros 2 Limited Edition Handheld
- Xbox One Assassins Creed Unity Bundle
- LG 49″ LED HDTV
- Skywalker Trampolines 12′ Round Trampoline and Safety Enclosure with Blue Spring Pad
- LEGO Giant Creative Tower: 1,600 pieces with storage box
Perhaps this marks the trend of a new Black Friday and Cyber Monday ordering mechanism since customers are no longer required to wait in line or camp out in front of stores.