Amazon Instant Video Comes to the iPad
Amazon’s Instant Video service is now available for Apple’s iPad, iPad 2, and “The New iPad”. Amazon Instant Video has thousands of movie titles and tv shows available for reasonable rates, as well as a decent selection of free content for Amazon Prime users.
Amazon Prime offers free 2nd day shipping on items shipped by Amazon and overnight shipping for $2.99. Their Instant Video service is tossed in with that, which is apparent in the selection of content available, so it is definitely not a replacement for services such as Netflix. They do have Star Trek, Firefly, and Doctor Who, so it was worth it as a spiff on top of the 30+ order I do per year on Amazon.
Watch thousands of titles available from Prime Instant Video at no additional cost with an Amazon Prime membership and over 120,000 videos available from the Amazon Instant Video store by installing the Amazon Instant Video app. Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library for offline viewing on airplanes, road trips, or any time a WiFi connection is unavailable. Keep track of movies and TV shows to watch later by adding them to Your Watchlist. A selection of top Prime Instant Video titles is included in the app, and you can visit Amazon to add other Prime titles to Your Watchlist. Start watching a video on an iPad and Whispersync technology automatically syncs your place between devices, allowing videos to be resumed from where you left off on a Kindle Fire, PS3, PC, Mac, or hundreds of models of connected TVs and Blu-ray players.
With Amazon Instant Video, you can:
• Stream thousands of titles available from Prime Instant Video at no additional cost with a Prime membership, or watch over 120,000 videos available from the Amazon Instant Video store
• Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library
• Shop over 120,000 videos available from the Amazon Instant Video store by visiting Amazon
• Add videos to your Watchlist from a PC, Mac, or Kindle Fire for later viewing on your iPad
• Subscribe to a TV Season Pass by visiting Amazon and episodes will automatically be available on your iPad the day after they air
• Start watching on your iPad, and resume watching right where you left off on a Kindle Fire, PS3, PC, Mac, or hundreds of models of connected TVs and Blu-ray players with Amazon Whispersync.